- 4 small pears
- 1-liter water
- 1 cup/200-grams sugar
- 3 pieces of star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50-gram dry hibiscus
- Zest of 1 orange
- 100 gram Kaymak ( RT )
- 50 gram fresh cream
- In a large pan, bring all the ingredients needed for the syrup and start cooking on medium-high. Once you see the syrup bubbling, bring it to simmer.
- In the meantime, peel the skin of the pears. Cut them in half vertically and remove the cores. Place them on a bowl full of water and squeeze half a lemon juice. This will prevent the pears to get darker in color.
- Once the syrup is ready, place and lower the pears into the syrup. With the lid on, cook them for about 20-30 mins on simmer. Rotate the pears every 5 minutes to make sure they poach evenly on all sides. You can also use a small knife to check if the center of the pears is cooked.
- Take the pears off the pan and let them cool in the fridge.
- Fully strain the syrup and boil the remaining liquid until it reduces in half. After it reduces in half, bring the heat to simmer and let the glaze thicken. Once you have a good glassy texture, you can take it off the heat.
- Slowly start whipping Kaymak and fresh cream together for 3-4 minutes until you reach a smooth, fluffy texture. Let the cream cool down in the fridge.
- Serve the poached pears with cream and glaze on top.